Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Some Photos from Stowe, VT.

Stowe, Vermont. Trapp Family Lodge Nordic Ski area. Canon 40D 17-40 f/4 L

Recently my family took our yearly vacation/reunion to stay at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, Vermont. I always try to shoot while I'm there, and I usually don't at all. This time was apparently different, and I have some work to show for it.
I have wanted to go into the trails around the lodge for a while, but never worked up the courage to get on a pair of Nordic skis (I'm a snowboarder, and to lesser extent Alpine skier at heart). It only took me ten minutes to remember how much I hated cross-country skiing. Hint: I hate it because I suck at it.
Trapp Family Lodge Nordic Ski Area. Canon 40D 17-40 f/4 L
I remembered that they also rent snowshoes, so I went back to the lodge, and sure enough - snowshoes! It took me a couple tries to get a pair that were really good (The aluminum tubing and vinyl, not the flat slab of plastic kind), and I was off. I spent the better part of two days trekking around the mountain, taking what photos I could. I'm really looking forward to next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment